Analytics
3.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns Second Page is showing Not Set

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right now, I am doing Email marketing for my website. but when i tried pulling reports from anaytics dashboard then I was not able to get the proper results from those reports.

When I look at the second page from Secondary dimensions for a particular UTM then nearly 30% of sessions were received with Not set result. I am also attaching a snapshot taken from my GA account. Please help me to understand this.. This is junk traffic or there is some problem with analytic dashboard.

Snapshot From GA

Re: Campaigns Second Page is showing Not Set

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

It's either spam or your landing page experience is just really poor.

1. Add a "Hostname" as a secondary dimension, analyze the campaign and hostnames side by side and if some of the hostnames don't match with your domain, it's probably a junk traffic.

2. Add a "Landing page" as a secondary dimension, analyze the campaign and landing pages side by side and figure out which landing page is not performing well (if you're using several landing pages).

Maybe there's something wrong with the particular landing page (it's driving traffic to the page where Google Analytics is not implemented for example).

Try to play with advanced segments in order to identify the root cause. Some ideas - Page Load Speed, Time of Day / Day of Week, Device Category, Location etc. It requires a bit more effort but I am sure that you're able to figure it out. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.
Taavi

Re: Campaigns Second Page is showing Not Set

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Taavi for this detailed explanation & I will surely try this and will update you as well