Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

CampaignID Errors When UTM Tagging Marketo Emails

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

When I tag campaigns in marketo using classic UTM tags (url builder, etc) it works perfectly but in Marketo the campaignID gets overriden and includes part of that snippet. I know this is more a marketo question but was hoping someone might have also run into this and could let me know? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CampaignID Errors When UTM Tagging Marketo Emails

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Charlotte,

Do you have a specific example of what the URL Params look like?

Marketo has many forms and I suspect you are referring to lead nurturing etc via email. If that's the case, often there is a "checkbox" integration on these platforms that automatically append your campaign info at URL params - so you have to pick one. That is use the integration and don't code your links (let the system do it) or hand code and turn off the auto tagging. If disabling in this way breaks the realtime personalization integration, then I would not do that. Smiley Happy If you use smart campaign names, you may want to just use the integration albeit usually at the cost of losing utm_content params and link level tracking.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn