Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created several custom urls using the url builder tool and inserted them in emails using both iContact and Outlook.  None of them are showing up on my campaign reports. I've looked thru all of the google training videos and can't understand what I'm doing wrong.  Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Reporting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Katy it can take up to 48 hours for them to show up under Acquisition--> Campaigns when did you initiate them and did you test them prior to sending them out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I has been months, weeks and days for different links. How do you test them prior to sending out? Thanks!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
When I create a campaign link to a space on my site I always copy it into a browser address bar and hit return a few days ahead of the campaign launch just to make sure one the link works and two the campaign gets counted in GA. Soemtimes the ? needs to be made a # sign. I have several sites and that I am in charge of and my SharePoint sites require a # while my other .net sites or plain html sites require the ?. So I test one then the other

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh, yeah, the links themselves are functional on their own. I double checked that.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Can you post an example of one of your URL's with your campaign parameters you can change the first part to www.mysite.com if you want.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Katy try adding a / between methods and the ? so your url looks like the following and see if that helps.
http://www.imsinfo.com/industry-insights/school-projects-and-innovative-contracting-methods/?utm_sou... if that does not work you might try a # sign instead of a ?