AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Building a filter with eventLabel using the Google Analytics API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using the Google Analytics API to create automated reports that pull events based on total events that happened on a specified page path.

The structure is currently set up like:

Metrics: ga: totalEvents
Dimensions: ga: eventLabel, ga: source, ga: channelGrouping
Sort: -ga: eventLabel
Filters: ga: pagePath=~locol-watts-roy-choi-daniel-patterson

I've had success with a filter that only pulls based on a RegEx pagePath (below):
ga: pagePath=~locol-watts-roy-choi-daniel-patterson --OR-- [ =concatenate("ga: pagePath=~",'Play: Mid Function'!$C$2) ]

But have had zero success when trying to add in a RegEx eventLabel (below):
ga: pagePath=~locol-watts-roy-choi-daniel-patterson;ga: eventLabel=~Cheap, Healthy, Fast Food at LocoL in South LA | 9452 --OR-- [ =concatenate("ga: pagePath=~",'Play: Mid Function'!$C$2,";ga: eventLabel=~",Input!C7) ]

When I run the report with the eventLabel in the filter I receive this error (below): 

1 report failed due to errors

• Off Story Video Views: Invalid value 'ga: pagePath=~locol-watts-roy-choi-daniel-patterson;ga: eventLabel=~Cheap, Healthy, Fast Food at LocoL in South LA | 9452' for filters parameter.

*Please note: I've put a space after every occurence of "ga:" to prevent it from auto creating an emoji like this Smiley Tongue