Analytics
5.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce rate caused by iframes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have pages on our websites with forms. When somebody completes a form, which is an iframe, they are then redirected to another page on the site (either for the download or to watch the video). I've noticed in our analytics that the pages with forms have a much higher bounce rate when compared to the figures in our automation platform, whilst the download pages (I.e. the second page in the sequence) are being recorded as entrance pages. Is it because we are using iframes for the forms so google is seeing the completion of a form as a bounce, and then the second page as a new entrance?

Re: Bounce rate caused by iframes?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It shouldn't. The first thing you need to do is check the traffic sources for the second page. If it's an entrance from GA standpoint, it should be categorized. That will shed a lot of light on why this is happening.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes that is why, your analytics ought to be recording the submit as an Event, or implement cross domain and/or sub-domain tracking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have extremely high bounce rates on our second pages, which shouldn't be the case as obviously they are the second page in the sequence, so the suggestion is GA is seeing the second page as the entrance page. According to GA the second pages are being referred to be our automation platform (pardot). What's the best way for us to overcome this issue - is this something we'd need our web developers input on or could we correct it within GA (without any technical know-how)?

Cheers