Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce rate and multi channel tracking attribution

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys I need your help, I really appreciate you answering my questions as I have been dying to have some constructive insights on how to improve my website. First question: I have been trying to dissect my own website pages' bounce rate looking for area of improvements: Chart

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

What do you think can be improved from your point of view?

I am in need of experienced view. Thanks

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per the original poster's request.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bakasamaz
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @bakasamaz,

Thanks for using the Google Analytics community to better your website operations. It's always great to hear from members that want to make their websites the best possible. 

As you probably know, the bounce rate is a measure of how many people land on a single webpage and then leave. What this tells us is that those visitors came and either found what they needed and had no need to roam your website or they were not interested in your webpage for the search that brought them there. 

Are you doing any type of advertising (for the period of these metrics) or is this organic traffic? I ask this as advertising will generally bring a higher traffic count... and higher bounce rate, too. So you will want to keep that in mind when looking at bounce rate. You bounce rates are not terribly bad and even beat some averages so you are certainly on the right track.

To improve it further, make sure you are not using any pop-ups that require a user to close before navigating. And be sure that your website passes all the tests for speed and being mobile-friendly. Use any optimized content that they include, which will help your scoring and performance.

And make sure your navigation menu makes sense and is easy to use on all webpages. This is a really important need since you want to get visitors to click around your website and stay. You can help with this by internal linking content in your content and not just your menu (like I did for the tests above).     

Your content needs to be well organized too, with the info segmented by topics & interests. And make sure you have a stylized website that makes use of proper contrasts with font to background colors. Readability will drive visitors away fast. Use a search box that is easy to find so a visitor can search for content if they don't immediately see it. Breaking up large blocks on content is also easier on the user of your content... as is clear, clean meanings with no typos. Have someone proof read your content since our brains often will not catch our own typos.

From here, I would suggest verifying your H1, H2, and H3 header titles, meta tags and page names. These are used by search engines to direct searches to you. If they are ill-crafted, your organic traffic will be, too. 

In essence, you are looking to create a concise and clear website that is on-point and highly-credible. One that is professional looking and easy to read, roam and enjoy. Use the tools below to dig into your website and see what the they find.

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

5) Visit Google Analytics and setup your website.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4. Now go to step #5 and dig into what is actually happening with visitors and your website.

Once you look this info over and explore the findings, feel free to reply back with further questions, comments or tips for others to use. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bakasamaz
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @bakasamaz,

Thanks for using the Google Analytics community to better your website operations. It's always great to hear from members that want to make their websites the best possible. 

As you probably know, the bounce rate is a measure of how many people land on a single webpage and then leave. What this tells us is that those visitors came and either found what they needed and had no need to roam your website or they were not interested in your webpage for the search that brought them there. 

Are you doing any type of advertising (for the period of these metrics) or is this organic traffic? I ask this as advertising will generally bring a higher traffic count... and higher bounce rate, too. So you will want to keep that in mind when looking at bounce rate. You bounce rates are not terribly bad and even beat some averages so you are certainly on the right track.

To improve it further, make sure you are not using any pop-ups that require a user to close before navigating. And be sure that your website passes all the tests for speed and being mobile-friendly. Use any optimized content that they include, which will help your scoring and performance.

And make sure your navigation menu makes sense and is easy to use on all webpages. This is a really important need since you want to get visitors to click around your website and stay. You can help with this by internal linking content in your content and not just your menu (like I did for the tests above).     

Your content needs to be well organized too, with the info segmented by topics & interests. And make sure you have a stylized website that makes use of proper contrasts with font to background colors. Readability will drive visitors away fast. Use a search box that is easy to find so a visitor can search for content if they don't immediately see it. Breaking up large blocks on content is also easier on the user of your content... as is clear, clean meanings with no typos. Have someone proof read your content since our brains often will not catch our own typos.

From here, I would suggest verifying your H1, H2, and H3 header titles, meta tags and page names. These are used by search engines to direct searches to you. If they are ill-crafted, your organic traffic will be, too. 

In essence, you are looking to create a concise and clear website that is on-point and highly-credible. One that is professional looking and easy to read, roam and enjoy. Use the tools below to dig into your website and see what the they find.

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

5) Visit Google Analytics and setup your website.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4. Now go to step #5 and dig into what is actually happening with visitors and your website.

Once you look this info over and explore the findings, feel free to reply back with further questions, comments or tips for others to use. 

Kind Regards,

James