Analytics
2.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce rate and Avg time on page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my google analytics one of my blog is having bounce rate 95% and it have avg session is 56sec, but it having Avg time on page is 7 min. Can any one help me how this all things co relate with each other.

I am confused due to having good Avg time on page but then also high bounce rate.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Avg. time on page: The average amount of time users spent viewing a specified page or screen, or set of pages or screens.

Bounce rate: The percentage of single-page sessions in which there was no interaction with the page. A bounced session has a duration of 0 seconds.

Avg. Session Duration: The average length of a Session.

http://help.analyticsedge.com/googleanalytics/misunderstood-metrics-time-on-page-session-duration/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Thanks for the reply. But I want to know the reason of, Why my site is having some blogs of bounce rate around 95% with good average time on page i.e. 7 min?

Re: Bounce rate and Avg time on page

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Abhishek

In your specific case 95% of the users bounce without interacting further with your site. The time on page for these visitors will not be measured by Google Analytics. So the 5% that choose to interact further with your site has an average time on the specific page at 7 minutes. The average session time for these users will thus be 7 minutes or longer.

Regards
Jonas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, Average session time is only 56 sec.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Okay when you want to look at session time you should try and use a segment like this:

Udklip.PNG

This should give you the correct avg. session time for users that have seen the exact page.

If result is the same it must be because avg. session time also includes your zero second bounces.