Analytics
5.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce Rate is very low

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have noticed that the bounce rate on every account we manage over 50 is either 0% or in below 20%.  I know for a fact they should be higher.  Is there an issue or bug in Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Bounce Rate is very low

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Please make sure that your tracking tag is installed properly, having a duplicate tracking tag results in sending duplicate pageviews and very low bounce rate. You can use the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension for debugging.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Bounce Rate is very low

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi James,

If you share your site URL or a page where you're seeing the high bounce rate we can check if you have tag issues - as Arnold said, probably an issue with the tag being in twice (each visit = two pageviews = 0% bounce) or in some cases it's a redirect which causes two pageviews again.

Ali

Bounce Rate is very low

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ali,

I seem to be having a similar issue with a very low bounce rate (3%). I have run the Google Tag Assistant recording and received the following statement (This hit's tracking code library does not match the tracking code library used in the other hits to this property.) I am not sure how that is the case because my GA tracking code is injected into the header and automatically applied to each page, so i'm not sure how it would be different across specific pages. It's important know at one point I was applying the GA to each page I created, but now have it applied once. I use SquareSpace. This is my webiste https://www.backpacking-with-the-bonds.com/. Any idea as to why the bounce rate is so low would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Albert