Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce Rate Suddenly Drops on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bounce Rate suddenly drops on GA from 45% to 6%. The page views and unique views keep increase, and all other traffic also increase. 

Can anyone kindly help to provide the reasons and solutions? 

Many thanks!!! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alfred S
March

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ALfred,

Bounce rate suddenly drops due to the following mistakes

1. sending duplicate hits to google analytics

2. firing an interaction event on pageload

3. GTM installed along with GA

I have already discussed the above 3 mistakes, you can read it here

if you didn't find the answer in the article, please let us know if you made any changes to your website recently.

regards

Noman Karim

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please refrain from using self-promotional signatures on the community. Signatures are a perk reserved for members of the Top Contributor/Rising Star programs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Noman, 

Thanks for kind info.

However, I have followed your steps, but still, the bounce rate is surprisingly low.

Currently, the bounce rate is 5%. 

Any other solutions can be provided?

Many thanks!

Alfred

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi alfred,

It would be better if you share your website url here, however a very low bounce rate also occurs by:

using an iframe on your site

event tracking is fired automatically

Where did you added the GA tracking code on your site? Please share your url for further assistance

regards

Noman karim 

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please refrain from using self-promotional signatures on the community. Signatures are a perk reserved for members of the Top Contributor/Rising Star programs.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alfred,

As I mentioned earlier to make sure if your site contains GTM code alongwith GA. I found that your site contains both GTM and GA tags and GA is pasted incorrectly. If you are using GTM there is not need to add GA, instead create a GA pageview tag in GTM. 

What you would do now is remove the GA tag and create a GA pageview tag in GTM. I see that your website is built on drupal so here is a good guide for installing GTM in drupal. https://www.cloudways.com/blog/install-google-tag-manager-drupal/

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Noman,

Thanks for your prompt help and assistance.

Very helpful guide!!! Let me try to follow your link to do. 

Thanks! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Norman. 

Similar to Alfred, I have a website where the Bounce rate dropped from 50% to 17%. 

I did install Google Tag Manager, But I do not have the Google Analytics universal tracking code firing in that tag manager. I am only using Google Tag Manager for Adwords Conversion Tracking and Facebook Conversion Tracking. 

Can you provide any insight as to what could be the problem? 

Re: Bounce Rate Suddenly Drops on Google Analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bill,

if you didn't fired the analytics pageview tag, I wonder where do you see the reports? where did you see your website bounce rate dropped to 17%?

Re: Bounce Rate Suddenly Drops on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are seeing the bounce rate drop in google analytics.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

did you install the google analytics tracking code along with tag manager on your website? if yes, remove the analytics tag and create a GA pageview tag in GTM.