Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Best way to retrieve unsampled data out of GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve unsampled data out of GA and visualize it in Tableau. We have 360 (premium) account set up, I'm trying to retrieve historical data with 5-7 dimensions, which is large. We don't have BigQuery set up, so trying to figure out a way. Here are the things I tried:

• Tableau GA connector - it retrieves sample data for the amount I want to pull
  • Alteryx GA connector - they are having issue with the connector and trying to fix it so it's not available
  • Google Sheet Add-on - I tried two: "Big Analytics Data" has sampling issue too; "Google Analytics" (I guess it's the official one) has max result limit

Is there any solution that can help me with this project? I'm open to any tools (R, Python, etc.) and open to paid solutions too.

Thanks,

Angela

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mengwen C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mengwen,

you can use Python (or any other scripting language for that matter) to pull daily data from the GA API, thereby limiting sampling to a strict minimum.

Then you can use that data in whatever way you please.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you I used R Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

even better Smiley Happy

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan