Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Behaviour - Site Content - All Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a couple of spurious entries on my list when viewing the list of all pages visited on any one day (i.e. Behaviour - Site Content - All Pages). I expect this report to show a list of all of our pages that have been visited. The following are on my list today and are not our pages. We have no pages called process.php and no folder called/process/. I am a bot concerned as to why they are appearing.

Today I have 2 entries: -

/process/max

/process.php?d=x5B99FmPCRZGlcrWW1LBnchPNWkBmHI8rcq6jyeKqPe0HmSseyY5Rn5J7B/z1NWJElvkpC0pj/5cqWiDv5KR4CVjf2Q=&b=1

Has anyone seen this before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Behaviour - Site Content - All Pages

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you select Hostname as a secondary dimension, is the hostname value the one of your site?

It's not common but I've seen cases of source code being copied altogether and with it the GA code. If this is true for your site, then you should see a hostname other than yours associated with the above pages.

Let us know. Cheers!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. No it isn't. It says the Hostname is: - us3.proxysite.com

Thanks.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Is this hostname familiar to you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry should have said, no it isn't.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author lee w
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Okay. If it's no familiar to you and you want to get rid of it - and any other rogue hostname - going forward, the option is to create a view filter, type custom, include filter, hostname as filter field and yoursite\.com as filter pattern. What this filter will do is, it will include only traffic that visited your site domain.

A note before doing the above
I suggest you go to the Hostname report in Audience > Technology > Network and switch the primary dimension to Hostname. Select a large enough date range and check the hostnames in the report. Pick the ones you deem as valid and include them all in the view filter as follows.

yoursite\.com|validdomain\.com|anothervaliddomain\.com

And so on.

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's great. I'll do that. Thanks for your help.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
No worries. Have a great day.