Analytics
6.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Behavior flow to and from a specific page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I'm trying to track behavior flow to and from a specific page of my company's website.  It is not a page that is one of our most trafficked so it doesn't initially show up in our behavior flow.  Is there a way to isolate a specific page or group of pages to see where people are coming from or where they go? I

I would also love to see this in an excel/csv format vs. pdf if there is any way to do that. Any insight would be greatly helpful.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Behavior flow to and from a specific page

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Yes on the Behavior Flow page next to the Dimension Pull Down menu (just above the first column) is a gear in that gear you can add up to five (5) items the first one is a pull down with "Contains, equal, begins with, ends with, and matches reg exp." just choose "Equals" and in the next box start type the page URL (example: /Default.aspx") and hit apply you are now only looking at traffic that had that page as the Landing Page, change your Dimension to Page if you want to see all traffic that contains that page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Brian

That was helpful! Not seeing option for "Page" though. I too am looking for pages before and after said page.

I'm looking into doing some A/B testing and want to see impact of featuring some discussions in a community. I want to see currently how people are oganically getting to them and how their behavior changes after I start stickying them. Additionally I am looking at drop offs, page views, comments, etc.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

the Behavior flow report is a good option here, another option is to use the Navigation Summary report. This shows you the specific page you are looking to target, the pages of your site traffic was on previously, and the next page they go to after viewing your selected page.

This report can be found under Behavior> Site Content> All Pages> and then switching the tab from Explorer, to Navigation Summary (right below 'add segment') and just selected the page you want to analyze. This can also be exported as a .CSV / .XLSX

Hope this helps,
Grant

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I tried specifying the page with the setting gear. However, it's sampling my data so much that the results are unusable. It's basing the result on only 30 sessions (less than 2% of all sessions). I've used the navigation page before, but it's honestly not terribly user friendly. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is very useful. But doesn't it show the traffic going out of the specified page?

I'd like to know the paths followed to reach a specific page. What tool should I use?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not seeing the „Page” option either.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Use the 'Landing Page' dimension and the stats will popup. I was confused at first too. However, the details of the incoming traffic will not appear. 

If someone knows how to show this, please reply.