Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Behavior Overview showing spam as page name?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been having issues with our Google Analytics page... we just set up the tracking a few month's ago and I I have two issues:

1) The only refferal sources for my traffic are showing up as:

с.новым.годом.рф; traffic2cash.xyz; web-revenue.xyz

All of which are known spam sources.

2) When I go to behavior... the following is showing......

Page Pageviews % Pageviews

/

82.42%

11.23%

6.36%

1) I know that people have visited pages other than the home page.... I have visited them myself!

2) Why would it show traffic TO the spam.... those are not pages on my site?

Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Behavior Overview showing spam as page name?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Spam data in analytics is a known issue (doesnt just affect Google Analytics, it is affecting other tracking solutions too)
In a lot of instances the visits are not actually happening on your site, the hits are being sent via measurement protocol

There is an extensive post explaining the differnt types of spam data that are occuring and how to setup the filters necesary
for combatting this here:
http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your reply. I have set up filters... the problem is that 100% of the site visits are being shown as the above... I know there are other site visits... but they are not showing up????

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Stephanie :-)
Can you pls provide a link to your website, it will assist with troubleshooting

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here