Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Basic View Count Question

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully an easy one here - when looking at Pageviews of a specific page on our website, there is the bolded count and then the "% of Total" count.  If we cut the data by Source/Medium, etc, the bolded count changes slightly.  I am assuming this is due to statistical reasons, but should I be reporting on the bold count or the % of Total figure?

Example:

Capture.PNG

325K views or 633K views?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Basic View Count Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

For the size of the number you are looking at, you may be experiencing statistical sampling. Check the upper right, just under the date, and make sure the selection is Greater precision'. 

When you click into the data, it filters your view to show only the thing you clicked into ( a specific source?). The bold number (325k) is the number for that selection; the smaller number (633k) is the website total which is shown to provide context.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.