Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Attribution of one page to goal conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to track how pageview of one particular page on site contributes to conversion goals (lets say the page is "about-us").

I could do that with defining  segment where "landing page" is "about-us", but that will exclude all other traffic where the "about-us" was not the first page viewed.

Is there any workaround for that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Attribution of one page to goal conversion

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Try using the dimension of Page or Page Title and segment to just that page. This will look for any use of that page or page title within the session.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian. I forgot to mention, I used that segment as well, but I dont trust the returned data. The problem is, that the goals which were fulfilled before visit of that page are also counted in. If there was campaign, I could further segment by date, but I want to check regular traffic.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rndrlitic
May 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
So you might have to get fancy with your segment are you using the advanced section where you can do Conditions. If so you can do includes and excludes and within each of those includes or excludes you can do either an OR connector or an AND connector and you can mix dimensions, you can also base your filters on either a Session basis or a User basis and again you can mix and match.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will try that. Thanks Brian.