Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Attribution Problem: CPC or Direct

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, 

have currently a following set up
2 Properties, both Universal are running from same GTM container on my website. 

Tracking set up in GTM is 1:1 same.

The visits on the Channel Level differ in 2 Properties (I can understand it for organic & direct etc, although the settings are same)

But

As soon as I go to the Ecommerce Reports and check the Data on the Level of transaktions, there are transaktions that in one Property are CPC and in another - direct.

We use autotagging in Adwords, so every Link for CPC Landing is supposed to have gclid, so both Properties has to catch the visit and Conversion... 

Do u have any idea how it can happen that same conversion is in one profile cpc and in another direct?

Thanks in advance, 

KR,

Alona

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Attribution Problem: CPC or Direct

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alona,

there could be more reasons for that:
1. 2 properties are not cloned (use the same setup)
2. One of the property code did not execute or could be that it did execute but on a later pageview where the gclid param is not available anymore

For further investigation does this transactions share the same landing page?

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Zorin,

sorry for a bit later Answer.
1. Two Properties are "technically" not cloned, as the second on I tried to set up exactly as the fisrt one, all the points where I know there could be differencies whch could caused this behaviour, I checked and couldn t find any differencies...

2. In both Propierties are same Landing pages recorded, moreover the number of pages seen, time on page and all other Site Usage data is 1:1 same...

I would appreciate if u could give me any hints on this!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Alona,

Do you get cpc traffic to both properties or only one?

Aside from that I would check if:
1. Adwords connected properly
2. If separate accounts see if all is set u on account level
3. Property referral exclusion list
4. View filters
5. GTM set up

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net