Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Assisted conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have one small doubt, why there is a difference in total number of assisted conversions and MCF channel grouping wise - assisted conversions.For example  the overall assisted conversions were showing 65 and when i count channel specific Direct - 44,Organic search - 37 and referral - 2 it comes around like 83 assisted conversions. Please can one guide me or help out on this. I am attaching the screenshot of same.

MCF.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Assisted conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

a simple explanation would be that in case of 65 - this means that a total of 65 conversion happened where at least one assisting channel was present yet in the case of the granular overview this happens:
Lets say a path was ... > Direct > Organic > Referral > Purchase (some channel - Social for example)
The table would look like:
Direct 1
Organic 1
Referral 1
Yet the total Assisted conversion would be 1.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

Data in the MCF reports are processed differently than the standard reports. If there are multiple channels that assisted with a conversion, each channel will be given credit for an assist. This is why the overall number of Assisted Conversions may be less than the number you see when adding up all assisted conversions by channel.

Here is some further detail on the topic: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1319312?hl=en#Assisted

Hope this helps,
Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the explanation Zorin

Regards,
Rama.G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5