Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Assisted Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya, 

The organisation I work for recently started to place adverts on a website that won't allow me to link to it. I want to be able to see if this has increased traffic to our website in anyway? I wondered if I could see this via assisted conversions in some way? 

Thanks in advance, 

Caroline H

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Assisted Conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
If it's another website then the traffic should appear as a referral from that particular website. You can also use campaign tracking to track exactly which advert and campaign it was that sent the traffic. Here's a blog post talking about that: https://www.annielytics.com/guides/definitive-guide-campaign-tagging-google-analytics/

The assisted conversions report shows you all the ways a person arrived at your site, before they converted. Although it will show you the role of these referring websites, where you have your adverts, in goal conversion it will not show the total amount of traffic you obtained from these sources.
John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.