Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Assisted Conversion report is not matching numbers in Channels report...any ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my Acquisition-->All Traffic-->Channels report, I can quickly see the total number of transactions, the total revenue, and the transactions/revenue per-channel.  Let's say that, for any given time period, I'll have X number of total transactions and $Y in revenue...

...Now, if I go to my Conversions-->Multi-Channel Funnels-->Assisted Conversions report, I see that (when I select only "Transactions" as Conversion Type) the number of Last Click or Direct Conversions matches my Total Transactions (X) from the Channels report, and the Last Click or Direct Conversion Value matches my Total Revenue ($Y) from the Channels report.  All good so far!  Until...

...For some reason, all the per-channel values are different!  They all end up totaling to the same numbers for Transactions and Revenue, but individually they are completely different (not even close).  I tried googling for an answer, but couldn't find any explanation of this.  Looking for some help.  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Assisted Conversion report is not matching numbers in Channels report...any ideas?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Matt, 

If you're breaking down conversions according to Channel you may see over lapping conversions since often some conversions have go through Paid and then Social or Paid and then Direct or Organic. 

I hope this helps. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That definitely seems the case in other attribution models (like Assisted Conversion Value).  I can tell this because the Transaction Total is far less than the Assisted Conversion Value (meaning, some channels overlap in their attribution)...

...But that's not the case for the Last Click or Direct conversions.  That grand total matches exactly with the Total Revenue generated, so there should be no overlap. This is where the mismatch in per-channel totals is confusing me.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt H
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found out an answer for this...

...Apparently, the default lookback window for most of GA's standard reports is 6 months.  However, you can only go back a max of 90 days with the Assisted Conversions report.  This disparity in the lookback window is actually what had been going on in my situation.