Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Assigning Social Advertising Correctly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

We run sponsored posts on channels such as Twitter and LinkedIn.

At the moment, clicks on these ads are being assigned to channel grouping 'Paid Search', which we don't want as we would rather keep this strictly to Google/Bing search, etc.

We've set-up channel grouping to assign clicks based on the parameters we've set for URLs used on these channels to assign to the channel grouping Social Sponsored.

So the rules are:

Source: linkedin AND Medium: cpc (which are the parameters we've used in google URL builder for our linkedin sponsored posts)

However, I checked today and it's still assigning these clicks to Paid Search.

How do I ensure clicks from these channels are assigned to the channel grouping we've created and not to Paid Search?

Re: Assigning Social Advertising Correctly

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dliley,

Did you create a new custom channel grouping or did you edit the default channel grouping? Editing the default channel grouping is not retroactive so clicks assigned in the past will remain were they were assigned to back then.

If you are using a custom channel grouping, this will be retroactive but you must remember to switch your view to this custom channel grouping.

Let me know if this helps

Re: Assigning Social Advertising Correctly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

We created a new channel grouping. I was looking at data for the period after this was created, hence my confusion