Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Are property addresses considered PII for a website that provides publicly accessible data on it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I've got a question about a website that provides publicly available property information. I've seen it dynamically generate a URL based on my search query. If this data is captured, is this a breach of Google's TOS?

Similarly, since it's a search carried out on the website's internal search, I'm assuming that it's possible to capture the search terms and property addresses that have been entered. Is this also considered a breach of the TOS when it comes to PII?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Are property addresses considered PII for a website that provides publicly accessible data on it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What kind of information are we talking about and can you provide an example URL?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Julian, thanks for replying.

This is the website in question. It's a government site.

http://www.hamilton.govt.nz/our-services/property-and-rates/propertydatabase/Pages/default.aspx?sear...

The information is basically things like how much the owner has to pay to the local council in rates etc.