Analytics
5.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Application Name and Version

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I create applications, not web sites so I use the Measurement Protocol in my applications.

Most often the applications are installed on kiosk-computers in a mall or at a museum, so there is only one instance of the application.

I use the customers GA-accounts for the deployed instances of the application, but for testing I use my companys account and I would like to use the same Tracking ID for all of my test-installations.

In the Measurement Protocol, you can send Application Name and Application Version and I can see the Version in the reports, but I can't see the Application Name anywhere.

Does anybody know where to find the Application Name?

Regards,

/Lars

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lars R
November 2016

Re: Application Name and Version

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lars,

you'll need to create a custom report for this, using one of the App-specific dimensions:

Screenshot 2016-11-02 08.32.29.png

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lars R
November 2016

Re: Application Name and Version

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lars,

you'll need to create a custom report for this, using one of the App-specific dimensions:

Screenshot 2016-11-02 08.32.29.png

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!

/Lars

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please my old account is darling.mhe@gmail