Analytics
6.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Any View on this Google Analytics Data?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user

Any View on this Google Analytics Data?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Soumik really not much to explain prior to January of 2016 the different iPhone models either did not report their specific model or the data at that point was not broken down, after that time the data is able to be broken down to specific models. As with most things you can not go back in the data and breakdown what was never captured it was all grouped as iPhone and stored no other identifying information so it still and will forever remain as just that iPhone prior to January 2016. Even after January 2016 some models or applications are not reporting the model numbers so you will still get some that simply say iPhone. Over all this is much better data than seeing a bunch of (Not Set) you still have an idea of what device is being used. Personally I do not think developers should develope to a particular model but rather to the OS and brand in the long run that would save so much programming, inside the app that one creates they can adjust the code based on resolution and OS level by just doing common querries and using if else satements. So really not much to get excited about here in my opinion anyway.