Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Android: Can't generate User-specific reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an Android app reporting events with the user ID set up.

I enabled the User-ID feature in the dashboard but I am not able create user-id views (the user-id toggle is diabled) or to find the user-id coverage report.

See screenshots from my dashboard below.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

user-id view.PNGUser-id view: note "Show User-ID Reports" is disabled.user-id.PNGUser-ID feature enabled

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click on the create button I get to the "New Reporting View" page but the option "Show User-ID Reports" is disabled.

See screenshot attached in my original question.

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click crate view I simply return to the main Admin page.

I see the view is created properly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First, thank you so much for your help!

I guess I'm missing something... I defined everything as explained and implemented the userId feature on the app side. I can see the events under Behavior -> Events but how can I see user-specific events? I can't find the information about the user id anywhere.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanna be able to see the events I'm sending for a specific user, for example: see all the events sent from a specific user. Is that possible?

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by "save userId at a new custom dimension"? Do you mean send the user id as the event category /label?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @maya m

Using User explorer you will see what specific users have done, what events they fired.

Hope this helps if you want to use custom dimension.