Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analyzing the visitor flow for a specific page?

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This question was originally asked on the previous Google Analytics product forum.

Hi all,

My website is currently trying to drive in traffic through a specific new page we have set up. It doesn't appear in the Visitor Flow (it is grouped with other pages). What we want to be able to see is where visitors go once they have gotten to our specific new page. For some reason I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I feel like the answer is simple, I just can't pin it down. I read up on "custom variables" but was hoping I didn't have to implement a new tracker on my page, since I want to see what has already happened. Can anybody help me out? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Analyzing the visitor flow for a specific page?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This answer was originally provided on the previous Google Analytics product forum.

Hi,

Are you able to figure out how to find visitor flow from any particular page on your web site?

If not then please follow the below steps. (By default the visitor flow segmented with Country/territory).

> Left click of the mouse on any Green rectangle box and then choose the 'Explore traffic through here'.
> Click on the setting icon at the top right, just next to step 0.
> Choose the match type Contains or any desired match type and then enter the URL in Expression text box. 3rd one Name is optional.
> Click on the apply button.

This will provides you with the visitor flow from the given URL.