Analytics tracking suddenly dropped[ Edited ]
March 2017 - last edited March 2017
I have no explanation for this. My Analytics account reports are showing a HUGE drop happening from one day to another. It makes absolutely no sense, I haven't done anything that could cause this. I haven't done anything different at all. Everything seems to be just like it was, I keep getting visits, comments, interactions as usual. Some search results still show my site among top 3. Other analytics services don't show this drop. I have no idea what's going on and if it's real, how do I determine what made this happen?
Edit: My website is geek.com.do in case you guys can help check what might be wrong.
Analytics tracking suddenly dropped
Couple of things to check to begin with:
1. is this all source/mediums, or just one?
2. have you made any changes to the tracking code?
3. have you recently stopped a campaign?
4. if you look back into your historical data, is there a sudden surge in traffic? It could be spam, which has recently stopped targeting your site.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Re: Analytics tracking suddenly dropped
Thanks for your reply John.
1. This is all sources
2. I haven't made any changes to the tracking code for quite some time. (Maybe I should have?)
3. I'm not running any campaigns
4. I've been getting approximately the same traffic for over two years and it grew slowly through several months, so I doubt it's spam.
I have no real reason for this to happen, I seem to keep getting the same interaction but not the same visits, which makes no sense to me. I'm gonna lose my mind if I really did lose all that traffic.