Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics suddenly stopped receiving data, tracking script still in place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm in the opening stages of launching my new website and everything seemed to be going fine in terms of traffic being recorded in GA.

I have two views set up, one with filters and one completely unfiltered. 3 days ago traffic stopped showing for both views completely. I've browsed around the site myself and still nothing.

I went to Admin > Tracking Info > Tracking Code and re-checked the script and it's 100% identical on the site as it is in the GA admin section. No idea what's caused this?

For reference the site address is https://www.educators.co.uk

Any help much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pete M
May 2016

Re: Analytics suddenly stopped receiving data, tracking script still in place

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

There are a few ways you can check to see if the Google Analytics tracking code on your website is working.

1>Check your Real-Time reports - If you see data in these reports, it means that your tracking code is currently collecting data.

2>Check the Tracking Status in your property - Which tells you if your tracking code is working or not.

3>Please also check analytics code for any extra space.

Last but not least

Has anyone installed Bot Filters on these accounts? If someone installed a bunch of bot filters incorrectly (for example a hostname exclusion instead of a hostname inclusion) that would cause tracking to disappear despite proper on-site installation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pete M
May 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

There are a few ways you can check to see if the Google Analytics tracking code on your website is working.

1>Check your Real-Time reports - If you see data in these reports, it means that your tracking code is currently collecting data.

2>Check the Tracking Status in your property - Which tells you if your tracking code is working or not.

3>Please also check analytics code for any extra space.

Last but not least

Has anyone installed Bot Filters on these accounts? If someone installed a bunch of bot filters incorrectly (for example a hostname exclusion instead of a hostname inclusion) that would cause tracking to disappear despite proper on-site installation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Santosh,

Thanks it was an error with a bot filter, traffic is showing again now.

Kind regards,
Pete.