Analytics
6.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics shows web pages from another website that aren't mine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When reviewing my Google Analytics data from one of my websites, I discovered that pages that do not belong to me are being included in my reports.

When I go to Behavior-->Overview the pages listed are NOT mine.  They look like spam.  I suspect maybe my tracking ID has been pirated and used on clickbait or something crazy like that.  Anyway, my data is terribly skewed and there is a very long list of illegitimate pages.  Is there any way to correct this without losing my historic data from my legitimate pages? What is the best way to go about fixing this.  I may just start completely over but if there's a better way to salvage my data I'd love to hear it.

THANKS!

M

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics shows web pages from another website that aren't mine

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This is most likely due to spam, I have yet to figure out exactly why anyone would go through the trouble of spamming but they do. First I would make sure that you have checked the box in admin section that says filter out known bots and spam. Second I would create a filter to prevent further spam plenty of good articles on the subject floating around. As for the spam data that is currently in your data it is there forever but you can create a segment or filter I forget exactly which that will prevent it from being viewable and counting in your totals (again plenty of articles floting around addressing the issue). Issem to be having issues even accessing GA at the moment unable to locate  the login button so unable to see how I have it set up.

Analytics shows web pages from another website that aren't mine

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Did you create the site/analytics account, or did you hire an agency? 

Tom