Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics reporting setup for global site using locales/geolocations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I've recently set up a new global website for my organisation, which effectively is one central site with translations for each country we sell in. It is new ground for me and I need help with the best approach to reporting.

A little more background to the site...There is a central website with a standard URL format of www.website.com (this is the international website). We then have locales setup for each individual country - the German site is www.website.com/de-de, UK is www.website.com/en-gb etc. So anyone in German who visits www.website.com is directed to the www.website.com/de-de content.

What this means is we only have one analytics code, attached to the .com site, with every individual country locale contributing to this single analytics data set. The result is 10 individual locales, all feeding into the central website data pool with no filtering. 

What I need help with...I need to set up monthly reports for each countries marketing teams. They are only interested in data for their country website, so I need to capture the analytics relating to their locale translation site only i.e. /de-de. Initially, I have set up custom reports for each country with the ISO code filter applied. Is this correct/the best method to report?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom Bea
July 2016

Re: Analytics reporting setup for global site using locales/geolocations

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This method of using custom reports is valid, yes. You just apply a filter to each regional report. In addition, you can schedule the delivery of these reports via the email functionality.

Other options

1 - Create a segment for each locale in the main view and let the managers use them to browse the reporting interface and analyse performance for that locale.

2 - Create a view for each locale and give the locale manager access to it.

3 - Extract data via API for defined KPIs for each locale and create a Google sheets report for it.