Analytics
4.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics report - too many sessions (not set)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have some issues with my analytics report :

I observed a lot of sessions (more than 2000 on 3500) that I can't identify - the country is "(not set)" - I just know that for most of them, the country is (not set), the language is "en-us", the city is (not set) (of course), the browser is chrome and the OS is Windows. 

In the part "users exploration", I noticed that those sessions correspond to "people" or "robot" I guess, that come on the site and then leave immediately (bounce rates 100%).

I already asked the person in charge of the server to have a look at the "logs" but she just answered that it was because of bots that are often crawling the website.

I'm not really convineed by this answer and really need to understand what happen exactly.

Does anyone here have an idea on how I can find further information on those "visitors" please ?

Many thanks,

L

Analytics report - too many sessions (not set)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lucie,

Anonymous vistors with Bounce Rate 100% are mostly result of spam traffic. Setup a filtered view. Add spam filters and see how traffic differs in original and filtered view after a week. You can add whole lot of spam filters directly from here http://www.simoahava.com/spamfilter/.

hit like if this help Smiley Happy

kind regards

Noman Karim