Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics report: Device x Month

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone know how to set up a report to show the month along the x axis (Horizontal) and the device (mobile/desktop/tablet) along the Y-Axis (vertical). SO i can see the change every month?

Cheers

Nicky

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics report: Device x Month

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Nicky,

Where do you want to do this?

If you want a timeline you already have this in the UI at Audience>>Mobile>>Overview , then select the checkbox next to Device Category and select plot rows. You can then save this as a shortcut and access it whenever you like.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry that was worded wrong. It should be:

Anyone know how to set up a report to show the month in the column headings (along the top) and the device along the row headings (the side)

Cheers
Nicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo

When i go in there it shows the device in the right area but along the top it shows Acqusition/behaviour/conversions. I would like instead to show Jan/Feb/March.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hey Nicky,

In any case where the UI (Standard or Custom) Does not provide what you need your best choice is to use the API and construct what you need.

Have you had a look at Data Studio? If you're in the US you should have access.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No im in Europe,

Is there no other way to create a report in the Customization area?

Cheers

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
You may be able to create a custom report. Let me see if thats possible real quick.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

You can create a custom report that will give you this data but it does not do it by x and y axis, you would have to export this data into excel and play with it. If you use a plugin for excel such as SEO Tools or Analytics Edge you can pull the data in from GA and have it display as you wish with a little tweaking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cheers lads,
Just a shame that you cant make the reports a bit more bespoke