Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics not tracking Phpbb forum site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently started a phpbb website as a subdomain of another site I have analytics working on. 

I added the ga tracking code to my phpbb site but its not tracking.

I see my analytics code in the pages source and even used the phpbb analytics extension to no avail.

I contacted Google but I doubt ill get an answer.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics not tracking Phpbb forum site

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Erik, how are things?

Can you post the website URL for us to take a look? Without looking at the code is kind hard to give any advise.

If you're certain that the code is on page, probably some script conflict is occurring.

You can use the add-on for Chrome called Google Tag Assistant to truly validate your GA script.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry about that, I sure can. The site I am referring to is http://forum.midnightslayers.com If you look in the source youll see the ga code. Its all correct. I have tried this multiple ways to no avail.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,

Google Tag Assistant shows tracking into UA-69788843-1 property without any errors.

Any hostname filters set in your Analytics view?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thats very funny, because all of a sudden last night the tracking started working. I had been getting "tracking not installed" and did everything I thought I could to no avail. Left it alone for a day and all of a sudden its working. Took about 3 days to start working but at least it is.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Good to hear. The "tracking not installed" message is always delayed ...