AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics not reporting correctly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I noticed that analytics reports are incorrect, page views displayed are totally wrong and can not be true. My page is just recently up and running, but analytics shows that in some days i have close to 100 views, from many different countries, mainly USA and RUSSIA, but my website is UK one and domain ends up with-.co.uk and not many knows about its existence at all. It's a small business website and i'm sure something is wrong. Website's built using Wordpress, tracking code has been implemented into wordpress too.  Any suggestions??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics not reporting correctly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Your property is receiving fake hits, it's called referral spam. The spammers are sending fake hits directly to Google Analytics using the measurement protocol without real visits to the site. You can read about referral spam in the article below:

https://www.optimizesmart.com/what-i-learned-from-trying-to-fix-the-ghost-referrer-spam-in-google-an...

Hope this explains why are you getting that traffic.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital