Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics isn't capturing events but Debug mode and Tag Assistant both show tags are firing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Tag Manager Debug mode and the Google Tag Assistant both show that my super simple pageview is firing. But when I look for it in Analytics > Real-time > Events, it just says "There is no data for this view." The weird thing is, I haven't implemented Analytics tracking code but Real-Time overview says there's 1 or 2 users. How is it tracking users without Analytics being implemented, yet not showing events fired? 

Here is everything in pictures:

The tag setup in GTMThe tag setup in GTMTag assistant showing a myserious Google Analytics tag... Where is it coming from?Tag assistant showing a myserious Google Analytics tag... Where is it coming from?The Google Tag Manager errors (they're known errors that Google says to ignore).The Google Tag Manager errors (they're known errors that Google says to ignore).Google Analytics > Real-Time > EventsGoogle Analytics > Real-Time > EventsDebug menu showing the Standard Pageview tag did indeed fire.Debug menu showing the Standard Pageview tag did indeed fire.

I got two expected errors in tag assistant: body-tag and multiple-tags but the support thread says to ignore them. I have double-triple-quadruple checked that the UA number is correct, the GTM-ID is correct, and that there are no filters in Analytics. 

I have a bunch more tags that are more complex and they're firing too but aren't showing up in GA. Really frustrated that even a simple pageview tag isn't showing up. There must be something obvious I'm not seeing. The first 2 pages of google is all purple. I'm really hoping someone can point out my mistake here. Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johannes H
March

Re: Analytics isn't capturing events but Debug mode and Tag Assistant both show tags are firing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
The Tag Manager Debug mode and the Google Tag Assistant both show that my super simple pageview is firing. But when I look for it in Analytics > Real-time > Events, it just says "There is no data for this view."

It's a pageview, not an event. Being a pageview, it should be viewable in the Analytics > Real-time > Behaviour table
once the container is published.

You have setup a Universal Analytics tag in GTM .. is that correct?
Not understanding what you mean by its showing a mysterious google analytics tag.
Is the UA# not the same as your UA# for your Property/Tracking ID?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Analytics isn't capturing events but Debug mode and Tag Assistant both show tags are firing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That makes so much sense!!! Of course pageviews aren't events. You're right I do see them in Real-time > Behavior.

Weirdly, the other events weren't showing up as I was typing the original but they are now! I have to fix up some of the dimensions but that's fine, my problem was they weren't showing at all. Thank you so much!!!