Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics for Android suddenly not tracking visits and sessions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, something really strange happened since yesterday. I'm not seeing anymore reports for visits and sessions on my Android app. 

Realtime is perfectly working (atm around 2000 users on the app), but users dropped to 0 starting from yesterday, while usually we sail around 90'000 users/day and more than 200'000 sessions.

We didn't release any updates on tracking code an app itself in the last 3 months, so we have no idea what is happening, especially because realtime is working and also the tracking code of the iOS version.

Any ideas?

Thank you
S

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stefano D
October 2016

Analytics for Android suddenly not tracking visits and sessions

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Normal processing latency is 24-48hrs, this is not considered unusual.

If you are sending more than 200,000 sessions per day then it can result in delayed reporting of up to a couple of days for the standard reports due to data limits:

Processing latency is 24-48 hours. Standard accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to Analytics will result in the reports being refreshed only once a day. This can delay updates to reports and metrics for up to two days. To restore intra-day processing, reduce the number of sessions your account sends to < 200,000 per day. For Analytics 360 accounts, this limit is extended to 2 billion hits per month.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here