Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics displays real time data, but 0 for Audience, Acquisition and Conversion on today's date

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have made no changes to my analytics code or setup, but unfortunately Google Analytics now no longer shows any data within Audience, Acquisition or Conversion for today's date.

Essentially, if I select today's date (5th August 2016), I see 0 data in all reports. If I select yesterday (4th August), data is shown.

Prior to this point, analytics would always show data for today's date. It's worth noting that we manage several other analytics accounts and all will show data for today's date, aside from this one.

Currently, the only data we can see for today's date within this view is via real time. 

I believe this issue might be similar to https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Reports/PageViews-Stuck-for-6-Hours-Live-Views-are-Present...

Finally, I am aware that there can sometimes be a lag in reporting, but I have never experienced this before.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Holly E
August 2016

Re: Analytics displays real time data, but 0 for Audience, Acquisition and Conversion on today's dat

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Holly :-)
If you are still seeing real time data without issues then what you are experiencing sounds like normal reporting latency.
Often you will get data for the current day in the standard reports however its not guaranteed.
Reporting can sometimes take 24-48hrs.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Holly E
August 2016

Re: Analytics displays real time data, but 0 for Audience, Acquisition and Conversion on today's dat

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Holly :-)
If you are still seeing real time data without issues then what you are experiencing sounds like normal reporting latency.
Often you will get data for the current day in the standard reports however its not guaranteed.
Reporting can sometimes take 24-48hrs.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That makes sense - thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome :-)
If you find the data stays missing past the 48hr mark then pls post back with the website url,
to allow one of us to take a look for any 'obvious' issues via browser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Bronwyn! Just to confirm latency is tied to session-scope, not individual events etc. Basically, what I'd like to confirm is that it relates to the amount of sessions sent, not the amount of page-level metrics such as pageviews / events fired?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Normal reporting latency is 24-48hrs.. this is not seen as a being an issue.
To answer your q though.. yes the latency in the linked page refers to sessions..not each hit level metric such as pageview, events etc.

Analytics displays real time data, but 0 for Audience, Acquisition and Conversion on today's date

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I experienced the same issue. But its past a week but still the data shows zero, whereas on last Friday we tested also. Can you take a look and let me know? http://www.topluxevillasbali.com/ 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Maheeshi D

- Check that the GA View reports you are looking at are for UA-24924407-20

- Check that there are no filters applied to the View that might be preventing data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UA-24924407-20 is the added code.

No filters applied.

But still the data won't show. Can you reply with your email address? I will send you few screenshots to figure out what has gone wrong.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

But still the data won't show. Can you reply with your email address? I will send you few screenshots to figure out what has gone wrong.

I cant post my email address, this is a public user to user community, and it is against the Community Guidelines to offer or request help outside of the Community.

You are welcome to reply and include screenshots with your reply.