Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics data for a property in trace can

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have gone through below scenario and lost analytics data. Now I want to recover that. Please let me know if this is possible.

1. Added a property (site) in a GA account
  2. Shared code with the development team, they used the code to integrate this site with the GA so that real time data and audience details can be captured.
  3. Since this site was added below an existing site due to which I have deleted this site(property) to move this into trace can
  4. Added this site once again and shared new code with the development team but they forgot to use this code to integrate this site with GA. That means dev team used code of a property which was moved in the trace can.
  5. Campaign was going on for 3 days and when we tried to fetch reports from GA, we found blank reports because this property was already moved in the trace can.
  6. Is there any way to get this data ? By any means, Is it possible to get this data restored ? Though I know that this site was in trace can ? I would be great full to anyone who can give me a feasible solution of this problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone please help me on this issue. This is bit urgent.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

property, and all the reporting views in the property, will be permanently deleted 35 days after being moved to the Trash Can. Once deleted, the property is gone, and we are not able to retrieve any historical data or reinstate your reports.

After 35 days in the Trash Can, an entity is permanently deleted.

I think it can be restored.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6154772?hl=en#Restore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response. 

Restoration of property from the trace can has already been done by me but the issue is how to restore analytics data(reports about user visited on site etc..) for the duration when this property was in the trace can ?

According to below link, it seems this is not possible:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6154772?hl=en#WhatGetsRestored

Below 2 lines mentioned are self explanatory that analytics data can't be restored "Data is not processed while entities (accounts, properties, views) are in the Trash Can. Data processing resumes for core reports within an hour of being restored from the Trash Can. Realtime processing resumes within seconds."

My question is, do we have any work around to restore analytics data when property was in the trace can ?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

ohh. I am afraid that data is gone, if it wasn't recorded in reports.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All reports are blank.

Is there any way to recover lost data ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I expect that I have lost my data which is not recoverable now ?

Re: Analytics data for a property in trace can

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same thing happen to me.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the data???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am still waiting for the answer from the Google Analytics experts. Please help as this is very urgent.

Re: Analytics data for a property in trace can

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to resolve mine and recover the data.  My web developer was the original admin and when he deleted his name from the account he trashed the data by accident.  I went in to the admin and saw that his name was still under "user management" in the "view" column.  Once I deleted him from that all of my data came back.  I'm not sure if you had a similar cause to the problem but I hope this helps.