Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics appends page to different URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am completely stumped. My client has two similar URLs with separate GA code in each, let's call them exampleABC.com and exampleXYZ.com.

While looking at the view All Website Data for exampleABC.com, I go to Behavior | Site Content | All Pages and when I click on the icon to launch a new window to see any particular page, let's say I want to look at /12345, the window l get will always be as follows:

http://www.exampleXYZ.com/12345  

Note, I am looking at data for exampleABC.com. The resulting new window view will always be a 404 page not found as /12345 does not exist on exampleXYZ.com.

I have confirmed GA code is different and installed correctly on each domain.

Any ideas on why this crossover is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks much.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill J
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bill J :-))
Couple of thoughts..

1) check the Property Settings page and View Settings page reflects the correct website url where entered.

I have seen instances where the correct tracking code was put on the correct website, and the Property was named correctly in GA too, however the wrong website url was entered in the Property or View setting pages.

2) any filters applied to the GA View that may be altering the hostname somehow?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill J
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bill J :-))
Couple of thoughts..

1) check the Property Settings page and View Settings page reflects the correct website url where entered.

I have seen instances where the correct tracking code was put on the correct website, and the Property was named correctly in GA too, however the wrong website url was entered in the Property or View setting pages.

2) any filters applied to the GA View that may be altering the hostname somehow?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply. First thing I did was check the property settings and it is set correctly (i.e., exampleABC.com). There are no filters. So I'm about to just give up, when suddenly...Property settings, check, filters, check, oh wait, did I check view??? I checked view, right??? I checked that, sure I did. Of course, I'm sure it's just fi...oh. Heh, heh, uh, heh, heh, um...solved. :-)