Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Stopped Reporting Adsense

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Starting November 6, 2015 and continuing today, Analytics is not reporting AdSense statistics properly, showing less than half the data when viewing the Behavior overview.

The impressions, clicks, dollar amount are all showing less than half the true number as reported in Google AdSense reports.

This had been working correctly for last six months.

Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott E
November 2015

Re: Analytics Stopped Reporting Adsense

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leando!

I started writing a long reply when I thought, "let me go check my website analytics code". Sure enough, something get reset in the website CMS and the code was gone. So most likely some people were still accessing the cached pages while others got the new pages without the code. Since I fixed that, the numbers more or less match now.

Sorry for this wasted time!

Scott

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Scott, how are things?

It seems that Adsense have all the numbers and only Analytics is lacking information. If that's the case, maybe you should check the link between those two and see if something is wrong?

Have you checked if those numbers in GA are continuously dropping or is something that really tends to be the half of what's in Adsense?

Well, the link between them would be the first thing I'd look:
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6090824?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott E
November 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leando!

I started writing a long reply when I thought, "let me go check my website analytics code". Sure enough, something get reset in the website CMS and the code was gone. So most likely some people were still accessing the cached pages while others got the new pages without the code. Since I fixed that, the numbers more or less match now.

Sorry for this wasted time!

Scott

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Scott,

Those things can happen when using CMS, specially Wordpress from what I've seen. This usually happens on template updates or CMS system update, depending on how the code is installed. On wordpress, it's very recommended to use Child-theme to install codes and custom codes, instead of coding them directly to the code.

Glad you could find the problem.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click