Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at my google analytics pages I noted a number of hits from unexpected cities like Moscow, Vienna, St. Petersburg and others.

At the same time, under language there was a message that said, "Secret Google.com. You are invited. Vote for Trump."

I've attached screen shots to demonstrate. Seems consistent with confirmed reports of Russian hacking. Maybe they help determine what happened and can help figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

If there are steps I should be taking to further protect myself and my data, please let me know.

Pete LefebvreScreen Shot 2016-11-14 at 9.38.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-14 at 9.38.25 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Analytics Hacked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pete,

Please read about analytics spam and what can you do about it in the article below.

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Analytics Hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got the same spam in my Google Analytics- Spam from Russia. I'm attaching a screenshot as well. 

Salik

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyk_l4PUcAA_zMf.jpg:large

Analytics Hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All my data is blocked except secret google. I have been so obsessed with removing this secret google vote for trump malware that I trashed  my entire google accounts for a fresh start over. Did not work. As a last resort would replacing windows 7 with  windows 10 help to break this link? Google please put a few whiz kids to work on this problem now.   Bernard                                                                                                                                        

Analytics Hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is too big to give good customer support. They would never dream of having anything like a live Chat Agent box on their website, if only for public relations purposes. Apparently, we're on our own as far as Google Analytics for our websites being made worthless by hackers. Good luck everyone!

Re: Analytics Hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This same thing happened to me and I'd love to know how to fix this problem asap.  Any advice?