Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Data Missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a very strange problem. I try to examine my data on a monthly basis, in case something goes wrong with the reporting. I ran monthly reports just a week ago and everything was working fine. But when I went back in a day ago, the reports for one property on my account are mostly blank, and certainly not reflecting the data that I've been recording for the past few years. I had been experimenting with Filters and Segments, but had stopped both before making an permanent changes and had deleted all attempts at both. Further, I had not attempted to apply a filter to this specific property and all other properties are showing the same retrospective data that they had been a week ago. Is it possible for data to be deleted retroactively? I've checked the tracking status and it is showing that it is active and I have made no changes to the analytics code at all. I would appreciate any help or advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Analytics Data Missing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nothing permanent cannot be done retroactively unless you count account/property/view deletion as such. So if you had data the other day and today it was gone, it is most likely some hiccup in report generation or it was something in the user end Smiley Happy

Or if you mean that report on September was fine and you did some testing and the numbers in October are off it might be that something was changed during testing. But then you would see the drop/change clearly from the timeline dating to your experiments.

Or if you mean that you can see change in the data collection,like a sudden drop

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Analytics Data Missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Basically data was there one week and gone the next. If I look at my July 2016 data I had 3608 page views previously and now 0. My data from August 2015 to current is still there, but from July 2016 and back it is gone. Only one "Property" in the account is affected. All others continue to show all back data I expect and all properties continue to record results.