Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Data Discrepancy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Guys, I am analyzing a website's Monthly data and saw-- as you can see by the picture I embedded--that the Average Duration is less than 30 seconds YET I only have a Bounce Rate of 1.64%. Also, the Average Page View is 3 pages per Session.

How can the Bounce Rate be so low and the Average Page View so High when the Average Duration is 26 seconds ??  

Thanks!

Screenshot 2016-11-18 10.47.19.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

With such a low bounce rate you most likely have a problem with your tracking setup like sending duplicate pageviews or events on page load. Please check your site using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension and let me know what you find. If you can share your site URL I'd look into it for you.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Analytics Data Discrepancy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I analyzed the page with Google Tag Assistant like you suggested. It yielded the following-- 2 screen shots. 

I am still learning tag manager so can't decipher what precisely the tag assistant is telling me. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!!!Screenshot 2016-11-18 13.39.47.pngScreenshot 2016-11-18 13.40.13.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

The problem is that you have your analytics tracking tag added through Google Tag Manager AND you have the tracking code added to your site. This results in tracking duplicate pageviews that messes up your reports. I'd suggest to remove the tracking code from the site and to keep the tracking tag in GTM. Let me know when you made the changes and I'll check it again. Thanks. 

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Analytics Data Discrepancy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This might be a long shot . My client can't seem to figure out how he installed the Analytics code--embedded version-- in the first place.

It's a wordpress site.I checked all the plugins. I have inserted a screenshot of the code. Does any of it give a clue on how it was installed?

Thanks!Screenshot 2016-11-20 22.16.27.png