Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics-AdSense integration is broken. How do I debug this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I integrated my AdSense and Analytics accounts years ago.  For some time now, no AdSense information is shown anywhere in any of the Analytics reports for the profile linked to my AdSense account.

When I go to the AdSense website, it shows that it's linked to my Analytics account.  When I go to the Analytics website, it shows that it's linked to my AdSense account.

But no data from AdSense is shown in Analytics.

How do I debug this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics-AdSense integration is broken. How do I debug this?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Walter.
Not sure it's possible to debug this issue but I'm going to recommend that you maybe try disconnecting and then reconnecting? The old switch it off and back on again trick. Not sure there's much else.

I've heard of some reports of adsense and search console data not populating correctly and I believe it's being looked into. Can you try reconnect them?
If that doesn't work, can you provide dates, times, data samples, screenshots etc.?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to reconnect from the Analytics side. No dice.

I haven't yet tried reconnecting from the AdSense side. Or disconnecting both and connecting AdSense first. Or disconnecting both and connecting Analytics first.  I'll try those approaches next.

Where should I see any hint of the integration working?  Going through the entire Analytics UI every day looking for some mention of AdSense is a little frustrating.  I can't find any useful documentation published by Google, and all the screenshots on the web seem to be before Analytics removed the top-level Content section...

> If that doesn't work, can you provide dates, times, data samples, screenshots etc.? Dates and times?

I set up the integration as soon as it was available.  I don't know how many years ago that was.  I haven't seen any sign of AdSense data flowing to Analytics for months, but I can't be more precise than that.

Not sure how data samples would be useful...

Let me know where the AdSense data should appear in Analytics and I'll provide a screenshot of its absence. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
(I fixed the formatting of the reply.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm still not seeing any AdSense data in Analytics.

Can you tell me where I should expect to see AdSense data in Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm still not seeing any AdSense data in Analytics, despite disconnecting (and leaving disconnected for 24 hours) and then reconnecting the accounts (several days ago.)

Is there anything else to try?

How do I escalate this?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Walter R
December 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I must have missed it when I was digging through Analytics for the data - but it's in there:

Behavior -> Publisher -> Overview

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Glad it's all resolved now Walter. Thanks for letting us know.