Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

All time Page Views are Declining

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question about google my business analytics. My ‘Views All-time total’ has declined over the last few months. I understand that statistic to be the number of times their business listed from the time of its creation. So it doesn’t make sense for it to decline. Why that would be happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: All time Page Views are Declining

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Welll this is were the analysis part of the job comes in, what do your sessions look like, how are your users trending, in your user flow where are user dropping off your site, what does your bounce rate look like. Do you have historical data to see if this is a seasonal event, have you made any modifications to your site and are you sure that the GA code is on all your pages. Digging into your complete data should shed some light on the cause.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brian, I think the question pertains more to the total views of the Google My Business listing. Last month a page I manage had a total LIFETIME views of 110,742 and this month it is 83,479. The views can't go backward. It is a total over the lifetime of the listing. I believe that is what Paul was alluding to.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Ok I missed that neuance yes I agree their is an issue if the starting date is the same and the ending date has been extended and the total # of page views has decreased. In that case then I would need to see more data in order or have additional information to determine what might be the cause.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What data would you need?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Paul,
Not sure what additional data I would need, just know that in cases where totals are not what they should be the ability to look at additional metrics, deminsions, and areas of data colection can usually shed some additional light. I dont pay attention to Google My Business Listing that much I use application metrics and GA to get an overall health of my sites. One question would be in GA what do your page view trends and session trends show are they likewise declining or increasing, if you predict those out for the next 6 months does your trend line show a downward or upward trend.