Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

All the touch points of every single user in terms of marketing channel

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I need to track every single touch point of all the users coming from different marketing channels(PPC>SEO>Direct>Referral) - required a customized report to see the user attribution from different marketing channels or is there any way to dump data from pre defined attributed model in GA Premium

For example if a user comes to my website by "PPC" firstly and later on he makes the purchase via "direct" so to see the attribution of different marketing channel via customized report

Thanks,

Manish

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: All the touch points of every single user in terms of marketing channel

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Manish,

This is available today in Conversions>>Multi Channel Funnels>>Assisted Conversions. That said, it is not available on a user level, only in aggregate.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Theo for your response and yes I know it is available only on user level but do you think is there any way to track this on user level either by implementing custom dimensions or anything else. What you suggest?

Thanks,
Manish

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Manish,

Currently, it can't be done in the user interface (UI) or in the Multi-channel API. MCF does not allow you to segment by or add in transactions ids or any custom dimensions.

If you set a custom dimension that is tied to the user you could use user based segments to see the touches but then again, you would have to have a method to always use the same id. It can be done but you'd have to put a lot of thought of how to set it, how to handle things cross device, how to comply with the GA Terms or Service, etc.
If you have a CRM and the user logs in all the time, then this is much easier as you can always validate the user and provide a unique id.

Conversely, you could use legacy ga.js and consistently harvest and pass the value of the _utmz cookie (campaign) into your CRM but this should not be considered a stable API.

There is no straightforward,out of the box way to do this today.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Theo,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am fully convinced with your thoughts as well regarding UI and GA limitations.

Thanks,
Manish