Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

All historical data went to zero last night real time still working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our law firm partners split yesterday.  We had two locations both with the same firm name.  The Naugatuck location has a new website and name as of this morning.  Our firm in Cheshire's business page is still as it was. I checked the analytics history log and don't see anything as changed.  Is there anything that may have inadvertently happened to zero all of our data?

The Cheshire site is www.bartlettburns.com  the new Naugatuck site is www.attorneywilliamburns.com.

Re: All historical data went to zero last night real time still working

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
There is nothing that can happen to remove all the data.

I see that on bartlettburns.com you have 2 GA codes.
Maybe you are looking in the wrong account? Or in the wrong view within the account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There has always been two codes. One for the site and one for the hosting company. I have an icon on my phone so it goes to the same place each time. The code and the icon work because I still see real time data. The historical data is gone. Since both locations had the same name, could the web hosting company have sent something to Google about the one location that now has a new name telling Google that the bartlett burns site is closed or changed its name? Would that remove historical data? To confuse things further next week we are changing the name of Bartlettburns.com to Bartlettlegalgroup.com Thanks for any help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's a screen shotHere's a screen shot

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok.

So you're looking at the SEO reports.

Do you still have Google Search Console installed on your site? and properly linked to Google Analytics?
Implementation: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/34592?hl=en
Linking: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1120006?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If the linking was the problem would I still see real time and sessions
data?

I've not made any changes.