Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

All channels in one graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am missing a graph, that the tool "XOVI" is able to produce:

I wish to see the development of all channels (traffic sources) in one graph over a period of time. In "audience, overview", you see the number of sessions and how the web traffic has developed. Fine so far. Now, lets say it has increased, and you want to see which channel is responsible for that. Or generelly said: how have all the channels developed last year?!

In XOVI, reportings, there is this wonderful graph with a line for every single channel. That let's you perfectly see if, e.g., AdWords traffic has increased, while organic search decreased. Or what ever. But I think you got the idea...

In Google Analytics, I can see one single channel in a graph when I build a segment with source/medium, than filter the channel. But only ONE, not all.

Any ideas to get this in GA?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: All channels in one graph

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Roman,

In your acquisition > all traffic > channels > default channel grouping report you can mark up to six rows and then click on button 'plot rows' to visualise your channels at a glance.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are right, thanks!
But only 6... Smiley Wink better than nothing.
And without total?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Always with total - the only way around that might be single segments for each row ... ;-)