Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Aggregation lag time seems to have gone from 2-3 hours to 8-12 hours.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On or around Tuesday, March 14th, we saw our lag time for the data in GA go from 2-3 hours to about 8-12 hours. Can anyone else confirm they are seeing this as well?

I have asked with more details on SO here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42844155/using-enhanced-e-commerce-ga-how-long-does-it-take-googl...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Aggregation lag time seems to have gone from 2-3 hours to 8-12 hours.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

24-48hr processing latency is regarded as normal. While data will often get processed during the current day, it's not a 'given'.

The number of hits sent to google can also affect how often the reports get refreshed.. eg every 3-4hrs or once every 24hrs

Standard accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to Analytics will result in the reports being refreshed only once a day. This can delay updates to reports and metrics for up to two days. To restore intra-day processing, reduce the number of sessions your account sends to < 200,000 per day.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here