Analytics
2.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Age and Gender Not showing up in my reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was gett8ng gender and age reporting on google analytics... then their was a button to get more detailed reporting. I pushed it and it said to wait 24 to 48 hours for the change... I waited and the data never came back. I am not seeing any gender or age info in reports... my data has flat lined... how do I get it back... I now have an error saying that there is an issue with a threshold that was set... I didn't set this... how do I remove it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Age and Gender Not showing up in my reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Data thresholds are set by google, as the reports collect more data, hopefully the threshold should be removed

Data thresholds

Thresholds are applied to prevent anyone viewing a report from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users. When a report contains Age, Gender, or Interest Category (as a primary or secondary dimension, or as part of an applied segment), a threshold may be applied and some data may be withheld from the report. For example, if there are fewer than N instances of Gender=male in a report, then data for the male value may be withheld.

If a threshold has been applied to a report, you will see a notice below the report title.

From the help docs: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357?hl=en&utm_id=ad#thresholds

Not sure what reports you would have been viewing beforehand with gender/age data
Or what button you would have pressed except for the one to enable the reports.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here