Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Affinity Category sessions %'s

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can assist me.

I am trying to pull affinity group and in-market segment reports with insights into the % of our audience who fit within each segment.

I'm confused as to to why the % noted in the sessions for each category seems far lower than the % of sessions in that category in comparison to the total site sessions.

For example, 'movie lovers' make up 445,820 of 925,290 of our total sessions (which is 48% of the total sessions) though next to the session figure Google Analytics indicates that this affinity category only comprises 4.66% of our total sessions (which is far lower).

Can someone please explain to me where this % number comes from and which one I should rely on to source the information I'm seeking (i.e. what total % of our users sit within the 'movie lovers' category).

Thanks,

Ash

Re: Affinity Category sessions %'s

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
From our data, 4.XX% of total sessions are 'movie lovers' and I think it's reasonable.
48% seems very doubtful if your site is not related to Movie directly.

If you can upload a screenshot, I can explain more to the figures you referred to.